Monday, December 1, 2008

....upside your head.


OOPS

-Interjection
(used to express mild dismay, chagrin, surprise, etc., as at one's own mistake, a clumsy act or social blunder.)

Origin:
1925-30; orig. uncert.




Most people do not know the first thing about apologizing. Most people ruin apologies. And you know how they do this? By following their apology with an excuse. Before I even begin to give the impression that I am all holier than thou, I will attest to the fact that I too am guilty of committing said error. 

But really, all apologies have really lost their meaning. Kind of like, "I love you." There is a statement that throughout all of my adolescence, teenage years and adulthood; I have seen this phrase thrown around so casually, so ridiculously that like an apology, it has lost all meaning. 

Ever wonder what causes more inspiration; love or misery? I wish I had an answer, but I don't because I've worn both shoes. And both shoes have served me just fine in that art of word expression. Perhaps there is a fine line between the two. Perhaps the two are one in the same. Either way, this is an interesting website where people go and post apologies or post a demand for an apology. I didn't sign up, I just mostly skimmed through t the "Apology To.." section. it's pretty damn confessional, miserable and interesting in there, let me tell you. You got people apologizing into cyberspace about their infidelities, their lying, etc. It makes for an interesting read. A 24-hour, online confessional, sans church, booth, priest and hail Mary's. Check it out for yourself. I thought it made for a good read, just when you thought everything was alright in the world. Ha! 

Always remember; there will ALWAYS be a river to go drown yourself in. Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment